This is the self-paced version of Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition. Your student will complete this self-paced course via the Self-Paced by Apologia portal on the Canvas platform. The one-year access to this course begins at time of purchase. When registering for this product please register with the name and email address of your student.
Our award-winning 3rd edition high school chemistry course offers more in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts, a more user-friendly flow of topics, as well as biographical sketches of Christian scientists who have made a difference in the field while giving the glory to God.
This course provides a rigorous foundation in chemistry in order to prepare your student for college-level studies.
- This is the online, self-paced version that is completed via the Self-Paced by Apologia portal on the Canvas platform.
- The one-year access to this course begins at time of purchase.
- You will not receive any physical copies of the textbook, MP3 Audio CD, or the Solutions and Tests Manual. These items are incorporated into the self-paced portal.
- The Student Notebook for this course is highly recommended. You may purchase that by clicking here.
The self-paced version of Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, offers one-year access from the date of purchase to the following features:
- Full online curriculum text of Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, authored by Kristi Plourde. This is the digital version of the textbook. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the textbook.
- An audio reading of the text that your student can select to enhance online reading. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the MP3 Audio CD.
- The Video Instruction course material, featuring Sherri Seligson as the instructor, integrated into the daily assignments. This is the same material included in the Video Instruction Thumb Drive for Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the Video Instruction Thumb Drive.
- Easy at-home experiments from the textbook that are also featured in the video instruction.
- On Your Own and Study Guide materials are the same as those in the print version of the textbook. The Self-Paced portal provides answers to these questions.
- Unique tests complete with automatic grading Note: AutoGrade+ content is included for the first student taking this course, if you choose to use this course with multiple students, you can purchase additional AutoGrade+ testing materials here.
- Desktop and mobile access
We recommend that students taking this course be proficient at an algebra math level. Topics include significant figures, units, classification, the mole concept, stoichiometry, thermochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, acids and bases, redox reactions, solutions, atomic structure, Lewis structures, molecular geometry, gas laws, and equilibrium. Experiments include measuring specific heat, discovering the electrical conductivity of compounds dissolved in water, measuring the width of a molecule, exploring freezing, point depression, using the ideal gas equation, recognizing the effects of catalysts, and much more.
Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general chemistry, as well as a multitude of chemistry lab experiments that develop the concepts further.
To read more about Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, click the button below.
- Before purchase, please be sure you have read the browser and system requirements for Canvas, the platform on which Apologia Self-Paced is built. If you are unsure if you meet these requirements, please try the free demo of any Self-Paced course.
- Any Self-Paced purchase is eligible for cancellation/refund if the request is made within 30 days with Module 1 use only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your refund request.